Friday 24 July 2015

Let not my love or my needs
Bind him;
But let me become a sacred fire
Always kept aflame for him
Upon his every return;

Let not any evil intention
Part from my lips
Lest it darken his soul;
But let the light that speaks to me
Speak through me
So that he can hear it also;

Let not my demands or my expectations
Be a weight upon us;
But let my gratitude, like the myrtle
Growing within my soul
Fragrance his dark and lonely path.

For it is not my thought that I left with him
But my whole heart;
So protect him from my weakness
If my heart ever wanders astray

And let me become a tree
Upon which he can lean,
An ocean
To whose song he can sleep to,
A soothing balm to heal all his sorrows;

Let my each day
Become a pilgrimage to the sacred altar
To joyfully sacrifice
The self-consideration and fear
The unfairness and pain

Please mold me
Fit to hold a Divine hope, a love and a wisdom
To be a light for him
Should he ever get lost.

2 comments:

  1. This poem takes my breath away every time. So beautiful. Always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anne Linn, I'm happy in my heart to hear that it inspires you. I wrote this when things were nowhere near what it says, and I couldn't believe they would be, but eventually they became so.

    ReplyDelete