Monday 10 August 2015

Once upon an evening
you are black like the mountains at new moon
your breath heavy from too many yesterdays
but I have become a cherry tree
my petals are snow
on your feverish forehead

The air around us is lighter
when you speak to me
about your enigmatic, inexplicable dreams

Then
the name of my heart is Patience
and of my arms, Long-suffering
mystical, arduous Perseverance

You have fallen silent
your aching like snow flakes brushing my skin
and finally, sleep like the night beings
swooping you up in her healing visions
but I am full of a thousand tiny stars.

2 comments:

  1. This took my breath away. So glad to have discovered your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment Jodi :) Glad to welcome you to my blog!

      Delete