Monday 31 August 2015

Edward Burne-Jones
Grieve not my sisters,
for you know not the whole truth

The breezy meadows whisper
like the darkening sky bending down to us
full of Chinese kites
and mute lights
Oh let's bury this muteness!
If only you would let me see
your hidden sorrows,
forgotten dreams,
sacrificed hopes

For that is how you are
a sacrificial fire is always alight on your altar
yet I have seen you weeping
my sisters, give me the words!

At the silent gate of the dragon house
my arms are heavy and broken
from carrying ten thousand wishes
now I only wish to catch my breath.

When I open my eyes,
there you are

4 comments:

  1. This is stunning. I wish I knew more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anne Linn! Your comments are encouraging.

      I actually wrote this some years ago when I was traveling in China with my now-husband and was agonizing about the fact that we couldn't speak or connect. That one is sorted now fortunately :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement Jodi! It means a lot to me.

      Delete