Thursday 17 November 2016

My greatest folly of late:
to take as a complaint
or worse, as blame
your opening your heart to me
trying to find the tree in me
Florence Harrison
upon which to lean.
Oh the amount of tears
that I once poured over that prayer!
Now I truly am the ocean
that sings to you,
the rose perfuming your path,
everything I ever prayed for and thought impossible.

Let me then be worthy
of my title, Your Wife.
Let me tread gently around you
Let my prayers surround you
May my thoughts of you
be pure and loving
May I touch you
as I would a magical being;
our love came into being because of magic
granted, I did not know of its deadline
but even this bitterness,
let it be transformed
and the despair and resentment and anger.
God must know what he is doing
and our secret kisses, deeds, sacrifices
are sealed into my innermost being for eternities.

2 comments: