Saturday 11 February 2017

1

Delivered to the hands
of the Goddess
my body lit
in the red fire of purification,
lit by her, overseen by her,
the veil of mysterious fever
drawing me away from him,
setting us apart.

To take this, sighing solemnly,
as all the other sacred mysteries 
I do not comprehend,
and lean on Her, in complete trust,
she who lives in this body, in its
bones, its blood, its heart
and say, calmly 
like a wise woman,
I truly am alone
but for you.

Elisabeth Sonrel

2

The vast space of the inevitable -

Death

and forgetfulness, 
drowning in one's own sorrow,
mind's illusions veiling one
in deadly mist
separates me and him, even in Life.
Is it, 'I love you'
or, 'I am deathly attached to you'?
I crave you, you are my world,
I cannot exist without you,
not breathe, think or move
without you?

Or is it,

May you go in peace
May the birds of eternity
fly behind you and before you
May the mercy 
and forgiveness of the Gods
free you and protect you
May the angels pray a fervent
prayer for you day and night, 
continuously
May the Light shine on all your days
May strength move your soul
in all your decisions and aspirations
May there be a divine fragrance
to wake you from your dreams,
to guide your efforts 
in solitude and in company,
to allow your heart to feel Love and Happiness 
- Be it that I am there 
or not.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful prayer. A difficult prayer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The most difficult things sometimes give the most :)

      Delete